Sunday, May 3, 2009

A Year Already

Well we just celebrated Brent's first birthday and I can't believe it's been a year already. He is such a little boy now and we get to know him more all the time, we feel so blessed to have him in our family. Here are so photos of the party, not necessarily in order.
Look at that face!
He was a little sleepy for the presents but he enjoyed them anyway
Here comes the cake, we made his with agave nectar instead of sugar, rice milk and apple sauce but he still seemed to enjoy it, maybe it was the cool whip as frosting.




Playing with Uncle James and Aunt Nicole




He was even kind enough to share





It took him about five minutes of just squishing the cake in his hands before he really went for it but then he really liked it.













The monkey cake was my first and probably last venture into decorative cake making.













3 comments:

Sarah said...

SOOOOO fun! What a cute little man! I wish I could have been there!

Maria said...

I LOVE the monkey cake! We wish we were there. I CAN'T believe it's been a year!

the mapmaker's wife said...

I thought the monkey cake was great! Why are you swearing off cake decorating? :) Man... I'm starting to realize how fast babies grow up!!!!